This has been created to keep family and friends up to date on our A-Team. We'd love to send everyone individual updates but things are often crazy in our family of 5. This way all of you can know what's going on and no one gets left out of updates and pics! Feel free to email us for pics and to keep us up to date on what you're doing!

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

baby/morgan updates

Baby is healthy. We finally heard the heartbeat this morning, very strong, perfect, 160. I am being sent to a cardiologist to have another echo done & to be put back on the heart meds. It's not good for baby or me to be having these episodes while pregnant. I go back for a follow-up ultrasound on Friday, should be able to confirm if it's really a girl or not. :) I am 19 weeks, and past my 1/2 way mark. I will deliver via c-section early, so we're looking July 9 or July 12, haven't picked my date yet.

We finally have answers with Morgan. Asperger's, ASD, has been confirmed. An IEP is in place already & I found a support group to attend. I'm looking for blogs, books, websites. She can overcome this, with a lot of help & work. Hopefully we can get custody soon & have more time to work with her. The school is ready to do anything & everything they can to help her. I've said since she was 4 years old there was some mild autism, but what do I know? I'm just step mom, her PRIMARY caregiver, the one that does all the school work, all the extra-curricular activities, the one that deals with the health issues. What could I possibly know? It's never a great thing to hear your child is autistic, but having an answer now, as well as help, has me elated. I no longer feel like I'm banging my head on a wall trying to figure it all out on my own.

No comments: